- Transport Ventilator/Patient Monitor - currently in development.
- Developed UI
- Developing Windows C# .Net based remote control and system diagnostics.
Breathing Gas Blender
- Breathing gas blender used in a diagnostic procedure
which measures Cerebrovascular Reactivity ("CVR"), a measurement of the
ability the blood vessels in the brain to regulate blood flow.
- Project Manager
- Software development support for LabView and embedded
Personal Health Records
- Windows, Mac, and cross platform team developer for personal
health records consumer application, The Body Journal.
- Developed Windows UI .net architecture for application.
- XML database, html UI.
- Interfacing with external devices and website.
Ophthalmic Products Development
- Designed, implemented, tested, and released all software for
measurement systems and ophthalmic pressure measurement system.
- Received patent for nonmonotonic and color mapping of ultrasonic signals to
- Created HP PCL 5 compatible printer driver for product.
- Designed user interface and printouts for product.
- Created PC Card upgrade software for product.
- Created Flash and NVRAM memory storage system for data.
- Wrote 8042 keyboard controller for keyboard.
- Completed, tested, and released software for IR remote control based on 6805
- Support various programs used by manufacturing and research and development.
Diagnostic Patient Database
- Enhance and maintain patient database retail software
for recommending and tracking surgical procedures.
- Responsible for complete product development,
including test and release.
- Visual Basic Windows application utilizing Microsoft
Jet database, various enhancement controls, and serialized licensing
Medical Infusion Pump
- Infusion pump development using Shlaer/Mellor OOD, MS VC++, MS Source Safe,
MPC823 and PIC16C77 microprocessors, and Accelerated Technology NucleusC++ real time OS.
- Developed all communications for product including remote control, ftp,
debugging, and internal operations.
- Developed secure multiprocessor communication link using I2C serial bus and
custom protocol with complete error detection for scalable architecture.
- Developed power management for battery state and charge.
- Redesigned Borland OWL based Windows program, including addition of serial
- Created Visual Basic and MS Access programs for development support.
Pace Maker Test System
- Pace maker PWM programmer development using an ISA plug in card platform.
- Created MDI Windows program for testing ISA plug in card.
- Created Windows virtual device driver (VxD) for direct memory access of
devices memory mapped I/O.
- Wrote low level access to ISA based device.
Ophthalmic Optical Disc Design
- Optical disc design software update project using Metaware C++ and Phar Lap Dos
- Authored software requirement and design documents for project team adhering to
IEEE 830 and 1016 document standards respectively.
- Redesigned and implemented file database for DOS DPMI program.
- Designed color printing driver for PCL 3 (enhanced) for DOS program.
- Ported Borland Paradox databases to Microsoft Access platform, utilizing Access
Basic object oriented programming. Improved underlying structure and organization of
database, and added data integrity rules.
- Computer software training for MS Windows, and MS Access.
Fire Signaling Systems
- Developing medium to large scale fire signaling systems.
- Development of multi-processor, real-time fire alarm systems using C, Intel
assembly, and Forth languages. Development centered around embedded systems utilizing
Intel 80x86 architecture microprocessors and a Unix-like, real-time, multitasking
operating system, C-Executive.
- Languages: C#, C++, C, Java, Objective C, XML,
HTML, Assembly, Visual Basic, Forth
- Software: MS .Net, NetBeans, Cocoa, Microsoft VC++, MS Visual Basic,
Metrowerks Codewarrior, Subversion, Visual Source Safe, IssueView Bug Tracker, MS
Access, Eclipse, MS Office,...
- Hardware: x86, ARM (EP9307), MPC823, 6805, ADSP21XX, PIC16C77,
I2C, SPI, Palm Handhelds, ICEs,
Oscilloscopes, DMM, EPROM programming, Flash EPROMs.
- Operating Environments: MS Windows, Linux, Mac OS,
C-Executive, Nucleus C++.
Honors Bachelor of Science (Computer Science 4yr program),
The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada,
- Ability and experience to work within both a group and an individual environment.
- Excellent organization, communication, written, and leadership skills.